We have announced that Kubi Video service will be ending as of May 15, 2017. In the light of this, we have many customers asking “Can I set-up Zoom like Kubi Video?”. The short answer is ‘YES’ and you can do much much more too.
And, YES, you can use Zoom with Kubi for Free and you can set up Zoom to have auto-answer like Kubi Video.
How can I use Zoom with Kubi for Free? Zoom with Kubi can be used for free if you have a Zoom Basic (free) account and you store your credit card info (but it will not be charged) or if you create a Zoom Basic account within a Zoom account that includes a Zoom Pro account. Here are a few pointers to make sure everything is working properly:
- Login at Zoom.us and make sure the following is enabled: 1) Under Account Settings, enable ‘Kubi’ in the integrations section and ‘Enable Auto-Answer Group’ in the Join meeting section if you want auto answer and 2) for each user in My Meeting Settings in the In Meeting (advanced) section enable ‘Far end camera control’.
- If you are setting up multiple Zoom accounts that you want to have the settings, you can use the Group Management function to get everyone to have the same settings
- Since Zoom needs a unique email address for each Zoom account, an easy way to create multiple email addresses that can all be confirmed by one address is using Gmail’s virtual address capability
- If you want to control who shows up on the Contact/IM list, use the IM Management tab.
- Note: with Zoom Basic (free) account, you can host unlimited 1-on-1 video calls, but if you have multi-party (3 or more participants in the same meeting), then you will be limited to 40 minutes.
To set-up Auto-Answer Functionality, follow these steps:
- Login the tablet on Kubi into a Zoom Pro account with ‘Enable Kubi Robot’ turned on. (email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a free trial of a Zoom Pro account or to sign up for a subscription).
*Note: it is possible to use Kubi with a Zoom free account (Basic) on the tablet if you have Zoom Basic (free) account with credit card
- The remote person who wants to login needs to be on a separate Zoom Pro account and needs to be a contact of the Zoom Pro Account that is logged in on the tablet on Kubi. To add a contact, click the ‘Add Contact’ as show below
- From the tablet within the Zoom application, go to the contacts and find the contact that you want to enable auto accept calls for. Click the three dots in the upper right (‘…’) and select the ‘Enable Auto Accept Call’ option (go here for more details on Zoom website)
- Now all the remote person needs to do is to click the name of the contact that is logged into the tablet on Kubi and when they call, it will automatically answer without anyone needing to press accept on the tablet on Kubi.